On-Site Staffing Services is seeking a Cement Mason Journeyman to join a great team and will be working in the Milwaukee area!
1st Shift Monday- Friday 7:00 am-3:00 pm
Pay rate: $38.28/hour
- Under direction, to perform concrete work in the construction, alteration, and repair of various types of bridges, structures, sidewalks, pavement, curbs, gutters, catch basins, bridge drainpipes, and sewer pipes including basic carpentry skills for building and maintaining concrete forms.
- Finished concrete work. To perform concrete work in the construction, alteration, and repair of various types of bridges, structures, sidewalks, pavements, curbs, and gutters. To pour, spread, tamp, level, shape, smooth, and finish concrete. To operate cement edging, troweling, and finishing equipment.
- Construct, assemble, align, set, and remove forms including scaffolding. Construct and assemble wood forms and wooden frame structures, including the erecting and removal of scaffolding, for various concrete formations.
- To requisition supplies and materials. With the assistance of the Highway Maintenance Supervisor, to recommend and facilitate the necessary material purchases for each upcoming concrete project assigned to the Cement Masons.
- To perform and inspect unfinished cement block work. Construction and maintenance of catch basin block throughout the entire Milwaukee County Trunk and State Road sewer system, which includes various types of drainage structures.
- General small tool maintenance and repair. To keep all power equipment and hand tools consistent with the trade, in working condition.
- Lead crew member for concrete or block work projects. Direct the work and train non-trades personnel assisting with concrete construction projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, License/Certification, and Experience
- Current State of Wisconsin resident.
- Possession of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Possession of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license at the time of application and maintained during incumbency.
- Four (4) years of experience as a License journeyman Cement Mason OR approved Cement Mason apprenticeship and 2 years of experience as a License journeyman.
- The ability to lift/carry up to 60 lbs. and push/pull up to 60 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Completion of a registered Cement Mason or related field apprenticeship by the State of Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development. Recognized apprenticeship for Cement Mason and/or related (mud mixer, bricklayer, etc.) journeyman.
- Block mason experience is a PLUS!