On-site Staffing Services is seeking a Brake Press Operator for 3rd shift to join a great company out in the Grafton area.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate a brake press for established jobs.
- Select programs and install tooling into a machine for operation.
- Routinely prepare metals for fabrication.
- Unload finished metal parts into basket/skid.
- Reading and interpreting traveler/router with job instructions.
- Produce simple to difficult complexity of parts – prototype to repeat production.
- Properly checking parts for quality to spec using data sheets, reading calipers, and using measuring equipment (ie: protractors).
- Account for time and work completed on jobs accurately in the computer system.
- Utilize safety protocols to safely operate machinery.
- Perform equipment maintenance on machines at the operator level and record inspections.
- Other duties as assigned. May be periodically asked to work in other areas of the shop depending on production demand and flow.
Required and Preferred Qualifications, Education, and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Demonstrated detail orientation and critical thinking skills.
- Strong metal press forming and fabrication background, at least 1 year preferred.
- Experience operating Accurpress press brakes preferred.
- Willingness to operate a forklift is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is on the warehouse/production floor. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles, dirt/dust, oils, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Safety gear (PPE), such as goggles, gloves, steel-toed shoes, and ear protection must be worn on a regular basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform moderate to heavy physical activity such as lifting/carrying a maximum of 30 pounds throughout the day. The employee stands and walks regularly.